March 06, 2013

Wow! It's Been a While!

Two years since I blogged anything!  I could give a plethora of excuses, but that gets us nowhere.  Here's a rundown of the major events in my life in the last two years and 5 days...

June 2011
Hubby and I celebrated our 15th anniversary.  What a fantastic milestone for us!  
July 2011
1.  Took some time off to be with my Mom for surgery during the first part of the month.
2.  At the end of the month we went to Savannah to celebrate those 15 years together and Loved it!
3.  Hurried home to help Mom out with Daddy because he was having some issues with his Alzheimer's.

August 2011
Daddy passed away on August 11, 2011.  It was the hardest loss I've suffered so far.  My Daddy was my world and it felt like my world was crumbling around me for a while.  It's getting better, one day at a time.  

September - December 2011
The rest of the year was kind of a hazy blur for me.  There was work, there was helping Mama get everything situated after Daddy's passing, there was depression, there was home and Hubby and the kitties.  Holidays were practically non existent for us.  I did realize that I have the BEST, most caring, Hubby, friends and co-workers in the world during this time!  They had a lot to put up with me and my moodiness, and they were there no matter what.  I will forever be thankful for each and every one of them!

2012
I slowly climbed back into life again, and continued to help Mama try to do the same.  The anger and depression faded, the moodiness evened back out, Hubby finally told me that he was glad to see that his Wife was coming back.  (That meant the world to me by the way)  We all found a new routine and got stronger again.  Mom learned that she was pretty good at living on her own, and has even begun to ask for help when she needs it.  That in itself has been an amazing feat!  :)  The holidays were easier this time around.  We still weren't really in the mood for celebrating, but we did it anyway.  

It's definitely been a time of change for me and mine, but we're hanging in there!  I'm hoping that 2013 will keep looking up.  It's been pretty good to us so far!


HUGS!

No comments: